At Good Done Great we firmly believe that engagement is a constant cycle that begins with a launch and is refueled throughout the year.
Giving Tuesday is an international call to action to give back to the communities in which we live, work, and play. Following Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday kicks off the giving season and inspires individuals to give back this holiday season.
Fifty-five percent of all people who gave in 2014 did so online, so launching an online program on the day of an initiative that was designed to harness the potential of social media to bring about change in their communities is ideal.
In order to make your Giving Tuesday a success, follow the recommendations below for a successful launch:
Set a company goal for #GivingTuesday related to one of your focus areas for giving:
- Raise $20,000 for the Wounded Warriors Project
- Raise $20,000 by supporting organizations that support our troops
- Collectively contribute $xx,000 by donating to your favorite organization on #GivingTuesday
- Utilize internal communication tools to publicize goals
- Encourage your employees to follow your company if you are on Twitter
- Encourage your employees to “like” your company’s Facebook page
Identify 10-15 Super Supporters within the company who utilize social media properties for a Twitter blitz and Facebook campaign
- Make sure they’re following your company’s Twitter account
- Ask them to schedule tweets announcing your company’s goals for #GivingTuesday
- Ask the super supporters to schedule tweets that say “I gave to @(whatever charity) #GivingTuesday” on Giving Tuesday
- Have someone on point to retweet posts
- Tweet out updates on how close your company is to the goal from your company’s twitter handle on Giving Tuesday
- Ask Super Supporters to share stories about why they support the organizations they’re giving to on your company’s Facebook page. Ask them to provide a picture if at all possible.
Create a Physical reminder of #GivingTuesday
- Create either posters or table tents as reminders of the goal for #GivingTuesday
Through the power of social media and collaboration, Giving Tuesday empowers individuals throughout the world to create a giving movement. If you follow these tips, your Giving Tuesday event will further your company’s mission to give back to causes that support your focus areas and your employees’ passions.